Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am retired from music!

Aloha,

What a great run! I thoroughly enjoyed DJing in the public, producing mixes and making new friends. I want to say thank you to all the people who supported me, taught me about DJing and provided feedback over the past 3 years.

Along with rock bands, a successful live pa (Mint) and DJing I have been seriously involved in making/playing music for over 16 years. My desire now is to devote more time to my family, career, ministry and other hobbies.

Below is a link to my last CD which is available through Kunaki.

http://Kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZB3T3E

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Saved by His Grace!

Geoffrey / Mint DJ

7 comments:

Damo said...

NOOOoooo!!

I was wondering what happened :( This week at beatport has also been dead for a while.

Your podcasts are still on regular rotation as I write code.

Ah well...

All the best with your endeavours!

Robert Riley said...

I'm going to miss not getting new mixes - you are one of the best at track selection and arrangement. Hard to believe its already been this long (still listen to the old school Mint Live PA stuff every now and then). But, I have a boat load of your mixes that I keep on regular rotation, and certainly will continue to do so.

All in all, you're probably making the right decision - God and family first. I've had to come to these crossroads as I've grown older, and its tough to give up hobbies. But, focus is good, and something lacking in our society at the present.

Thanks for sharing your mixes and talents with everyone else for the last 10+ years.

Take care.

Isaac said...

Wow. Really sorry to see you go. I have really enjoyed your podcasts and mixes, and hearing the passion you put into it. Still enjoying your mixes from last year. Best of luck. Peace-

Mint DJ - Deep House DJ said...

Thank you!

Damo said...

Geoffrey, is there any way you can be tempted back?? I still haven't found a podcast that matches the quality of your output.

geoffrey.wilcoxson said...

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately I am still retired.

Geoffrey/Mint DJ

Jeremy said...

Hey! We'll miss you man, your Podcasts rocked!

On another note, if you need a place to send your gear I would be happy to give you my mailing address :)

Blessings bro

 
Creative  Commons License
Red Sunset by Jeanette K. Shribbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.